Questions About Game Rules & The Pirate Code

Pirates with Ben – About Pirates CSG Pirates CSG Forums Pirates CSG Questions About Game Rules & The Pirate Code

• This topic has 361 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by Woelf.
Viewing 2 posts - 361 through 362 (of 362 total)
  • Author
    Luke Menzie
    Participant

So given that Sea Monsters and Titans cannot be rammed, what is the point of the ability text of Empress (crew) and Hanc*ck (ship)? “If this ship wins a ram roll against a sea monster or titan, remove two segments instead of one.” I just can’t imagine a completely useless ability, a niche one sure, but not an invalid one.

I had to censor the ship name because the profanity detector went off. *=o

Woelf

So given that Sea Monsters and Titans cannot be rammed, what is the point of the ability text of Empress (crew) and Hanc0ck (ship)? “If this ship wins a ram roll against a sea monster or titan, remove two segments instead of one.” I just can’t imagine a completely useless ability, a niche one sure, but not an invalid one.

That ability is just plain broken.   I think a ruling/errata had been made for it once, to make it playable, but I can’t recall what it was.   Most likely, it was that the ability could override the sea creature rule and did allow you to ram Sea Monsters and Titans (but still not Sea Dragons or Krakens/Octos).

Viewing 2 posts - 361 through 362 (of 362 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.