Questions About Game Rules & The Pirate Code

Pirates with Ben – About Pirates CSG Pirates CSG Forums Pirates CSG Questions About Game Rules & The Pirate Code

Viewing 3 posts - 841 through 843 (of 843 total)
  • Author
    Captain Vendari
    Participant

the apparent rule that a canceller can’t cancel himself or his own ship, except the printed card rule says “within S of this ship” and his own ship is quite literally within S of itself

“Within S of this ship” specifically begins at the outermost edge of the ship’s model silohuette. By definition, it is not, in fact, within S of itself.

Carlsmith
    Participant

Helpful explanation from Woelf

Thanks a lot. Like I get it, some of those combos can be really crazy if you do it right (like swoop in with captain to shoot and maybe slap in an extra action via SAT/SAC, and then zoom away with reverse captain and a canceller to ensure they don’t chase after you). It just seemed odd since some of the PC just goes “nope that combo isn’t allowed” when crew like DJC Hawkins exists, showing clear intent the devs wanted it to exist (at least at that time). Does this mean crew like DJC Hawkins are kinda just “dead weight” since they can only do a “one or the other” choice?

“Within S of this ship” specifically begins at the outermost edge of the ship’s model silohuette. By definition, it is not, in fact, within S of itself.

See though, THIS is exactly what I’m talking about. Like I can absolutely agree with this rule based on “tournament logic” (i.e. this prevents my good buddy Fiore from being a super duper international canceller with no downsides at all), but nothing in the official rules says this. And if I’m going to get nerdy about it, the origin point of a line is in fact inside the line as well (i.e. the ship’s model silhouette is part of the ship, and is therefore within S of itself).

I’ll stop my silly ranting though as to prevent wasting discussion space here. I appreciate the answers, since they help clarify my confusion.

Xerecs

Suppose a ship finds Buried Treasure (or Plunder), and that treasure is later lost in a boarding party to an enemy ship. Does the loosing a turn aspect of those treasures apply to the ship that took them in the boarding party?

Ship A finds Buried Treasure(BT) and looses a turn and establishes value. Ship A is later boarded by enemy ship B. Ship B wins the boarding party and takes BT. Does ship B lose a turn, but keep the established value of BT?

Neither treasure seem to have a Code entry.

Viewing 3 posts - 841 through 843 (of 843 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.