Introduce Yourself! Join the Crew!

Pirates with Ben – About Pirates CSG Pirates CSG Forums Pirates CSG Introduce Yourself! Join the Crew!

Viewing 7 posts - 151 through 157 (of 157 total)
  • Author
    JuliusPepperwood
    Participant

Hey!

Wow, I’ve got to say this warms my heart a little knowing this game still has such a loyal fan base. I was part of the Miniature Trading website almost a decade ago and I was sad to find out it went down with all that valuable content. I’ve still got Woelf’s Pirate Code pdf kicking around somewhere haha. Little did I know I’d stumble onto this gem of a website, Ben you really have worked a wonder here! Even some of the old forum threads seem to have been preserved or at least continued.

I first got into Pirates through a friend when I was super young, like 9 or 10 and it quickly became a small obsession. Unfortunately it was right around the time the game was discontinued so it was really hard to find people to play with and packs to buy. So my brothers and I would battle it out together, mostly OE which was the only thing we could find. Miniature Trading helped spur along my love for the game but alas life gets in the way and it slowly faded away.

Funny enough though, I started re-watching the Pirates of the Caribbean and it awoke some old memories of the game. That’s what ultimately led me here and I’m stoked to dust of those old miniatures stashed away somewhere! Now I’ve just gotta remember all the rules (looking at you Parlay…)

Jack
    Participant

I was reading Under the Black Flag when my crippling nostalgia fit happened lol. Welcome.

I remember going to my friend’s house to play a game and we spent so long trash talking and building our fleets that my mom came to pick me up before we could even start. There’s a rules section with links to the full rulesheet and keywords if you need it!

Ben
    Keymaster

Little did I know I’d stumble onto this gem of a website, Ben you really have worked a wonder here! Even some of the old forum threads seem to have been preserved or at least continued.

Huzzah!  Welcome back aboard matey!!  I want to say I also remember you participating in some of the Mercenary/submarine debates on MT with captain_nemo and mercenary30.

If you want to see a bunch of stuff from MT and go down memory lane, almost everything I saved from that site should be available here.  There is a folder with quite a few thread topics.  I definitely wanted to continue some of the most important or classic threads from MT, and at some point I will probably bring back some of the others.

That’s what ultimately led me here and I’m stoked to dust of those old miniatures stashed away somewhere!

Nice!  Feel free to post to the collection thread.

You can find the most important rules and documents on the homepage of my site at the bottom. (you can just click the site title or icon at the top left)

Bartek
    Participant

Hello from Poland,

Long time player here, I started in 2005 with Deliverance and the Pirates faction, then Barbary Corsairs, and finally with the Cursed as my go to faction. Love sea monsters.

Favourite ship from the Cursed: Divine Dragon.

Great to know there are people who still play this great game. 🙂 <span style=”text-align: center;”>And Ben’s site is great. </span>

Ben
    Keymaster

@Bartek: Welcome aboard matey!! 😀

And Ben’s site is great.

Thank you so much!!

Gigi
    Participant

Hello,

I just discovered this game about a week ago. I was fortunate enough to find two tins of ships at a garage sale and picked them up. Very glad I did!

Since then, I have then been learning all I can about the game. Thanks for creating this site and the podcasts Ben. I assumed it would be a hunt to find information on the game, but you have provided a wealth of it. Amazing job!

Ben
    Keymaster

Since then, I have then been learning all I can about the game. Thanks for creating this site and the podcasts Ben. I assumed it would be a hunt to find information on the game, but you have provided a wealth of it. Amazing job!

Welcome aboard!  And thank you!  😀

Viewing 7 posts - 151 through 157 (of 157 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.