The Nostalgia Thread

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ben
    Keymaster

More than 10 years after the game went out of print, we’ve entered a strange period where even Miniature Trading is (mostly) a thing of the past.  This is a thread to reminisce about past experiences with the game.

You can see some pages of the eBay thread, which was made by Holofernes two days before the shutdown.  I got a few pages in, but couldn’t find much.  However, it seems that there is more content from MT saved in the Internet Archive than I thought.

Robert
    Participant

Ben, I remember always being so excited to pick up one of these packs at the store as a kid. I loved oceans edge because of the crazy things you could pull from it. I also remember my frustration as a kid from breaking my El Toro during assembly! That killed me because the giant ? was probably my favorite thing I could have pulled. At present it is extremely rare that a ship gets broken, but as a child it happened frequently! I am still hoping to pull a titan to this day, I know I could just order one but the feeling of pulling one is so much more satisfying.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by Robert.
    Ben
    Keymaster

I also remember my frustration as a kid from breaking my El Toro during assembly!

I remember breaking 2 crabs in a short span of time a few years ago – they can be surprisingly fragile.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.