Reply To: Custom Ships (post your custom game pieces here!)

Pirates with Ben – About Pirates CSG Pirates CSG Forums Pirates CSG Custom Ships (post your custom game pieces here!) Reply To: Custom Ships (post your custom game pieces here!)

Ben
Keymaster

The Triomphe is weird to me. Not much cargo, good cannons and speed. The Link is what makes this weird, since you could fit a HUGE number of named crew on this. Just thinking as I type, if the princess is placed on her, then the possibilities get even wackier.

Links are still weird to me.

-Multiple different crew may be linked to a single ship at once, but each crew can link with only one other crew or ship at a time unless an ability specifically allows additional links to be created.

To me that’s one of the most confusing things in the Pirate Code.  I’m changing the link to “Any 1 French named crew”, which I think was my intention in the first place.  I may have to also edit some other ship links so they’re not gamebreaking.

Oceania is a little funky, but I’m trying to make all of my 10 masters different from each other.  With the amount I’ve created (~30!!), that’s becoming more difficult.  XD

Fiesta
Type: Ship
Faction Affiliation: Spanish
Rarity: U
Point Value: 11
Number of Masts: 4
Cargo Space: 7
Base Move: S
Cannons: 5S-5L-5L-5S
Ability: Crew cannot use their abilities on this ship. This ship cannot shoot. One of this ship’s treasures is worth +1 gold when she docks at your home island. Crew of any nationality can use their abilities on this ship. Enemies get -1 to their d6 rolls against this ship. If this ship is not assigned at least 2 crew, this ship cannot be given actions.

Flavor text: The Fiesta is “one big party”. All manner of goods and vices are found aboard, but this has resulted in the ship becoming nearly unseaworthy. However, hearing of the good times, sailors from all over the world flock to the ship in droves. The distinctive atmosphere shocks even those who detest the Spanish, and “enemies” often join in the revelry. It remains to be seen what will become of this oddity.

Maybe a terrible ship, but I really don’t want it to be abused for gold.

Not linked:

Feiklon Zamos
Type: Crew
Rarity: U
Point Value: 11
Ability: Ex-Patriot. Captain. World Hater. If this ship sinks another ship, she may move S as a free action. (NOT a move action and not associated with move and shoot/etc)

Flavor text: Although Zamos is of Spanish origin, he prefers to keep his employment options open. Since he’s such an effective captain, the Spanish crown has not tried him for treason yet. If they return to their former glory, they plan to lock him up until he promises to serve Spain only.

Capilla Junto al Mar
Type: Fort
Rarity: C
Gold Cost: 3
Cannons: 4L-4L-4L
Ability: This fort gets +1 to her d6 rolls against the Cursed. Spanish ships starting move actions within S of this fort get +S to their base move.

Flavor text: The Chapel by the Sea provides needed morale boosts to passing Spaniards. With their faith renewed, they are ready to take on the unholy beasts and fiends of The Cursed that have infested the waters.

Historical Custom of the Day #410

Christopher Winter
Pirate
Crew
5 points
Ability: Loyal: Spain. Hostile: England. | If this ship wins a boarding party, she may capture the crew with the LOWEST point cost instead of eliminating it. A captured crew becomes cargo worth its point cost in gold when unloaded at your home island. | Once per game if this ship wins a boarding party, she may capture the crew with the highest point cost instead of eliminating it. A captive becomes assigned to this ship, takes up no cargo space, and can use its abilities. The captive cannot leave this ship.
Link: Edward England, Nicholas Brown

You can find my custom sets here: Pirates of the Age of Sail and Pirates of the Epic Seas