Reply To: Custom Ships (post your custom game pieces here!)

Pirates with Ben – About Pirates CSG Pirates CSG Forums Pirates CSG Custom Ships (post your custom game pieces here!) Reply To: Custom Ships (post your custom game pieces here!)

Ben
Keymaster

Very interesting. Fog hopping on such a large ship is indeed powerful and should not be cheap. however, given the rest of the ships stats, I feel you could come down to 40 points. If only because Storms don’t get used often, even by me! Therefore, to my way of thinking, it would be difficult to get that +1 to d6 rolls ability to kick in, and the same on Alcantara.

I hear you, but the argument could be made that fog hopping on a 10 master is a bad idea for the game.  I’d much rather overprice the ship than have her be OP out of the gate (or storm in this case XD).  It would be so easy to just add Bruce Grey for 4 points and make her that much more devastating.  I’m trying to take my crazy powerful customs seriously, so I want to price them high enough.  I agree that the storm-based abilities don’t add much to her cost, but Fog Hopper should scale in cost to the size of the ship.  In this case it’s almost as close as one can get to a ballistic missile bomb weapon.

Darina
Type: Crew
Faction Affiliation: Viking
Rarity: C
Point Value: 5
Ability: Captain. Shipwright.

Flavor text: Darina is seeking more than just bloodshed and glory on the high seas. She aims to pilot her vessel all the way to America, where the Spanish Silver Fleet is rumored to be mothballed. For added redundancy, she has trained herself in repair operations in case her shipwright is lost en route.

~~~~~

Historical Custom of the Day #376

Philip Durell
English
Crew
5 points
Ability: Captain. This ship gets +1 to her cannon rolls against the French.
Link: HMS Gloucester, HMS Terrible

You can find my custom sets here: Pirates of the Age of Sail and Pirates of the Epic Seas