I will not be available nearly as much in the Navy

Pirates with Ben – About Pirates CSG Pirates CSG Forums Pirates CSG I will not be available nearly as much in the Navy

Tagged: 

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Ben
    Keymaster

There will be long stretches where I am unable to access the site and/or post to it/etc.  More details about that sort of thing may or may not emerge some time in 2020.

Here are the new moderators!

WoelfXerecsArtisturn (Ernie Prado) | Captain Randy

They will help me in keeping the forum clear of spam and trolling.  Once I am gone, contact them about basic forum issues only.  They can delete posts and users as well.  I will deal with any actual site issues when I have time.

Thank you!

Ben

Xerecs

Best of luck in the Navy!

Ben
    Keymaster

Best of luck in the Navy!

Thanks!

ernie prado

Best of Luck to you Ben.

I am happy to help out.

Ben
    Keymaster

Best of Luck to you Ben.

I am happy to help out.

Thank you again.

Matt Lovell
    Participant

Officer/Enlisted?

Hope you enjoy your time in the Navy!

MMN1(SW)

Woelf

Best of luck Ben, and hopefully all goes well!

Ben
    Keymaster

Officer/Enlisted?

Officer.

Hope you enjoy your time in the Navy!

MMN1(SW)

That is awesome, thank you.  Active now?

Best of luck Ben, and hopefully all goes well!

Thank you!

Randy

BEN!!! Oh man…just dropping that on us on a Tuesday?? 🙁   Well good luck, man…I truly hope you find something special during your time. Truly honored to hopefully be part of one of your bon voyage games! Fair winds and following seas, my friend.

Ben
    Keymaster

Well good luck, man…I truly hope you find something special during your time. Truly honored to hopefully be part of one of your bon voyage games! Fair winds and following seas, my friend.

Thank you!  Indeed, it should be a fun time in LV.

Chris
    Participant

Good Luck in the Navy Ben! Look forward to hearing from you when you can!

Jeremiah
    Participant

Thank you for serving Ben, I’m sure they can hold the fort while you are away! Best of luck on your deployment. I assume it will be a 6 month schedule but we will be here regardless of how long you are away.

Ben
    Keymaster

@CRSluggo, Jeremiah: Thanks a lot!  🙂

Ben
    Keymaster

I bid thee farewell (for now)…

If you ever get bored with Pirates CSG or feel it needs more “fresh” content, please take a long look at the massive quantity of stuff here on the site.  Especially when you really delve into the categories, tags, Rankings, videos, podcasts, and Battle Reports, the quantity is staggering.  Just because it seems “old” doesn’t mean it’s not good.  I’ve “been there, done that”, and basically talked about Pirates so much that there isn’t even that much more content left to make that wouldn’t be repetitive and redundant.  You can search both the site and the forums for information – both at the upper right, with the site-wide search function above to the right of the menu.  Best to search for something first before asking a question that has already been answered.  If you want to support the site, consider buying stuff through the affiliate links on the right sidebar or my links in the eBay thread.

Have fun,

Ben

Randy

whoooaaa that sounded freaking awesome!!!!! I didn’t know you played~~~ HYPE!

Ben
    Keymaster

whoooaaa that sounded freaking awesome!!!!! I didn’t know you played~~~ HYPE!

Thanks!!  😀  Couldn’t get a perfect recording but decided to just go with it.

PS: Bet you didn’t expect that!  XD  No I am not back yet.  😀  Officer Training Command Newport is on holiday stand-down until the night of January 5th, so luckily I have a little bit of liberty time to take advantage of even though I’m not on leave.  Very lucky to have any at all; I won’t be around much but it’s great to see my site running and active on a different computer.  😀

Ben
    Keymaster

No guarantees I’ll be able to get on here in the next few days, so if not, I’ll be back hopefully in March or April!  😀

Robert
    Participant

We miss you Ben! Are you a 5 star admiral yet?

Ben
    Keymaster

I hope to “officially” return soon…. 😀

@Robert: Thank you!  Looks like the last 5 star admiral retired in 1949!  🙂

Ben
    Keymaster

I HAVE RETURNED!  Hopefully for a while but that could change.  Feels great to be back!!

Randy

Good to have you back, Capn.

Ben
    Keymaster

Somewhat soon I will probably become much busier with the Navy and therefore won’t be nearly as active as usual (again).  However, that may not quite be the case.  Either way, I should actually be MORE active over the next few weeks, so I’m looking forward to getting a lot of stuff done.  😀

Ben
    Keymaster

Due to Navy business I will soon have to take an extended absence from Pirates CSG once again.

Woelf now has editing access to the Master Spreadsheet, so if there are any remaining errors you find, he can make the corrections for the shared Google sheet version.

Ben
    Keymaster

I am BACK… although I won’t have a ton of time for Pirates in the near future, I’m greatly looking forward to catching up on the stuff I’ve missed!

Tankinator175
    Participant

Good to hear it. I just discovered Pirates CSG a few days ago. I’ve played a few games, trying to learn as much as I can. The huge games and campaign games seems awesome. It’s too bad that I can’t find a ruleset anywhere.

Ben
    Keymaster

It’s too bad that I can’t find a ruleset anywhere.

Which one?  At the bottom of the homepage you can find the Start Here and Complete Game rules, along with some other documents that will help with playing.

Tankinator175
    Participant

I was referring to a campaign game ruleset specifically, I understand the rules for the base game pretty well, even if I’m a novice at how to apply them effectively.

Ben
    Keymaster

I was referring to a campaign game ruleset specifically, I understand the rules for the base game pretty well, even if I’m a novice at how to apply them effectively.

Here you go – Game Ideas.  I highly recommend any of the first 3.

Tankinator175
    Participant

Thank you. That’s very helpful.

Ben
    Keymaster

Going to be away for a short while soon.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.