Reply To: Custom Ships (post your custom game pieces here!)

Pirates with Ben – About Pirates CSG Pirates CSG Forums Pirates CSG Custom Ships (post your custom game pieces here!) Reply To: Custom Ships (post your custom game pieces here!)

Ben
Keymaster

Something I just thought of to bypass the boarding ability, a Doctor crew. The Pirates must have at least one, and the Cursed might have one given all the custom stuff we’ve made for them. Hmmm…. If that would work then this ship gets much more interesting, especially if you can bring along a recruiter crew along, then you’d WANT to board so you could use the ability chain to flip the recruiter back over with the doctor.

Wow, great point.  Thanks for coming up with that, because it’s the type of potential issue some of my customs might have that I wouldn’t normally notice until I’m already playing them.  That’s the kind of “power gamer” (got the phrase from James Ernest) thinking that is helpful to employ when thinking about custom abilities.

The Savior of the Antichrist is a Doctor crew, and they could get Amos aboard to recruit new people.  I see that as niche and expensive but kind of OP.  With The Hermit aboard providing the essential abilities, you’d have the Savior and Amos taking up 2 cargo spaces (in general), leaving 3 still available with plenty of point cap space.  I’m changing it to “remove from the game” to prevent intentional abuse.

Grand Escape
Type: Ship
Faction Affiliation: Jade Rebellion
Rarity: R
Point Value: 17
Number of Masts: 6
Cargo Space: 4
Base Move: S
Cannons: 4S-4S-3S-3S-2L-2L
Ability: Junk. Crew with abilities that steal cargo do not take up cargo space on this ship. If this ship is within S of an enemy ship or enemy home island when this ship is given a move action, she gets +L to her base move, and +L+S when carrying cargo stolen from an enemy.

Flavor text: With a hyperactive crew intent on getting away with massive heists, the Grand Escape is ready to set sail at all times. She carries long wooden rods used to push off of enemy ships and docks, in addition to stern chasers that deter a hot pursuit.

Historical Custom of the Day #395

Amity (sloop)
Type: Ship
Faction Affiliation: Pirate
Rarity: R
Point Value: 9
Number of Masts: 1
Cargo Space: 3
Base Move: S+S+S
Cannons: 2S
Ability: Shipwright. This ship ignores terrain when given a move action.
Link: Thomas Tew, John Ireland

You can find my custom sets here: Pirates of the Age of Sail and Pirates of the Epic Seas