Reply To: Kickstarter/etc to buy rights to the game from NECA?

Pirates with Ben – About Pirates CSG Pirates CSG Forums Pirates CSG Kickstarter/etc to buy rights to the game from NECA? Reply To: Kickstarter/etc to buy rights to the game from NECA?

Jeremiah
Participant

I’ve never used Kickstarter but I don’t know what would be illegal about attempting to buy it from them. I guess the big issue I see would be that it would make you the owner of the license not some other corporation. (not that you personally are the issue just that once the ball is in your court where do we go from there? Would kickstarter also include money to buy the capital necessary to produce more pirates? How does supporting buying the license further help the return of pirates? I know if means we have the potential to make new ones but I think you would want to sell a broader package than just the license purchasing.)

I would almost see a kickstarter for raising funds to start a new and separate pirates csg company being more likely than just buying the license. That way people who support the Kickstart would/could become shareholders in the new company. Then with the purchase of the license and a small set up for printing you could revive the game and just sell via online purchases or whatnot to people and of course those who helped support the company.

I’ll give this more thought but this is my initial impression.