Reply To: The Podcast Thread

Jeremiah
Participant

<span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Arial; font-size: 14.6667px; font-weight: bold; white-space: pre-wrap;”>Question of the Day: Do you have a favorite custom game piece from this episode? </span>

One Handed John was one of my favorites. Even though it is untested yet I like the concept of uncertainty and chaos it could add plus it’s similar to other pirates pieces that teleport you (not events but Unique treasure). S+S may be just fine as long as the ship is not allowed to move afterwards. In this way the other player would have a turn to react or attack but the massive movement bonus would still be valuable. There certainly are issues such as putting him on a Home island raider and then teleport right to the home island could very easily be a game changer in that regard.

<span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Arial; font-size: 14.6667px; font-weight: bold; white-space: pre-wrap;”> Do you enjoy the custom review episodes more or less than the other episodes?</span>

I like the variety, I enjoy hearing the ideas of new game pieces and potential strategy behind them. I enjoy hearing the comments on my own pieces as well as learn new ideas from other creators.

As side note lighthouses are intended to be compatible with forts, in fact I created them with that in mind. Their weakness means they can be alone but it’s more risky than if its near a fort. Also I added some very basic lighthouses to each faction, except to the Cursed (which I should probably add one) and Mercenaries (which only has one very special lighthouse) that only have the ability of trade current. For example Paradise Island, my intention here is to help add an element of territory expansion where you can establish home seas where your speed and defense (or offense) is improved.