Reply To: Custom Ships (post your custom game pieces here!)

Pirates with Ben – About Pirates CSG Pirates CSG Forums Pirates CSG Custom Ships (post your custom game pieces here!) Reply To: Custom Ships (post your custom game pieces here!)

Ben
Keymaster

I LOVE the Shadow’s Hand, partly because it reminds me of various customs I’ve made (Smoke’s Hand, Mirage, Shadow’s Death, etc – though the latter for name only).

With the Dark Hunter keyword, just remember what Woelf said about custom keywords that don’t add much new stuff. (keywords or existing abilities within a keyword = not great) Since it’s a sub faction I suppose it works, it’s just a matter of remembering the abilities (mainly +2 to boards) and tacking them onto the cost.

I have a feeling Cor’dahk is worth at least 22, but I think 20 is high enough to start at. Another awesome ship, I love that new ability. I feel that the other 5 masters that move S+L are costed about right, and this one is amazing at combat.

I like the drawback on the Screecher, and think the cost is about right. Good job on these, especially those 5’s. 😀

Gladewater
Faction Affiliation: French
Rarity: SE
Type: Ship
Point Value: 16
Number of Masts: 3
Cargo Space: 4
Base Move: S+L
Cannons: 3L-4L-3S
Ability: Double Catamaran. If this ship is within S of an enemy ship when this ship is given a move action, she gets +S to her base move. Mercenary crew may use their abilities on this ship.

Flavor text: This unique defensive powerhouse has been piloted by the French down to the southern Pacific. Here some local natives volunteered to join the crew, further improving her agility and effectiveness.

Historical Custom of the Day #265

Murat Reis the Younger
Barbary Corsair
Crew
12 points
Ability: Captain. This ship gets +1 to her cannon rolls. If this ship wins a boarding party, she may take as much treasure from the other ship as she can carry OR capture the crew with the highest point cost instead of eliminating it. A captured crew becomes cargo worth its point cost in gold when unloaded at your home island.
Link: Sulayman Reis

You can find my custom sets here: Pirates of the Age of Sail and Pirates of the Epic Seas