Reply To: Custom Ships (post your custom game pieces here!)

Pirates with Ben – About Pirates CSG Pirates CSG Forums Pirates CSG Custom Ships (post your custom game pieces here!) Reply To: Custom Ships (post your custom game pieces here!)

Ben
Keymaster

I wouldn’t mind if the Bomo’s abilities were simply automatic if the cargo went to 3 or the cost to 12. The text doesn’t specify on which turn the effects apply, so it’s a bit confusing – not to mention the annoyance of yet another roll for the ship every single turn that opponents then have to remember for their own turns when attacking it.
I know the second one isn’t really better than the Bon Marin or Intrepide, but it’s just a simple OP gold runner to me. No changes need to be made, it’s just really basic and not really what customs are about IMO. (flavor text could help though)

Grand Plunder
Faction Affiliation: Jade Rebellion
Rarity: R
Type: Ship
Point Value: 18
Number of Masts: 6
Cargo Space: 6
Base Move: L
Cannons: 3S-4L-4L-4L-4L-3S
Ability: Junk. This ship may dock at an enemy home island and take as much treasure as she can carry. If able, she must leave on your next turn.

Flavor text: Built and named for pillaging, the Jades made sure to construct a monstrosity for nearly every seafaring purpose. Despite the complete lack of deception, the crew of this vessel uses the Grand Plunder’s sheer size to get away with massive heists.

Historical Custom of the Day #252

Juan Díaz de Solís
Spanish
Crew
4 points
Ability: Explorer. If this ship begins a move action within S of land, she gets +S to her base move.

Originally I had his second ability at just one point (worse than a Helmsman), but between speed being the most important attribute in this game and how versatile it could be, I bumped it all the way to 3. It would be a nice boost whenever you left your home island or a wild island, similar to those +S after loading/unloading cargo abilities. Plus, two abilities into one cargo space is great for a gold runner especially. This ability plus a helmsman on some gold runners could be really good I think.

You can find my custom sets here: Pirates of the Age of Sail and Pirates of the Epic Seas