Reply To: Custom Ships (post your custom game pieces here!)

Pirates with Ben – About Pirates CSG Pirates CSG Forums Pirates CSG Custom Ships (post your custom game pieces here!) Reply To: Custom Ships (post your custom game pieces here!)

Ben
Keymaster

Luz de Vida
Type: Ship
Faction Affiliation: Spanish
Rarity: C
Point Value: 22
Number of Masts: 3
Cargo Space: 4
Base Move: L
Cannons: 2S-4L-2S
Ability: All ships within S of this ship get -1 to their cannon rolls.
Link: Alonso Guños

Flavor text: The “Light of Life” is so inspiring that hardened cannoneers lay down their weapons to stare in amazement at her adornments and perfection.

I know this is kind of a “dumb” ability to put on a custom. I’m thinking that if you sandwiched it between enemy gunships it would be sunk in short order. Willing to change it to something like 1 enemy ship within S, or maybe the nearest ship regardless of allegiance.

Alonso Guños
Type: Crew
Faction Affiliation: Spanish
Rarity: C
Point Value: 6
Ability: Captain. Island treasure trading. [After looking at treasure on a wild island, you may trade any one treasure from that island for a random treasure on any other wild island. This ship must load the traded treasure.] Ship treasure trading. [Once per turn, if this ship carries treasure and is within S of an enemy ship, you may randomly trade one treasure with that ship.]
Link: Luz de Vida

Flavor text: Alonso is a sailor’s sailor. Having simply risen through the ranks from age 18 to 30, he knows what every position on the ship feels like. This gives him an edge in his operations, which are mostly related to commerce.

Historical Custom of the Day #387

Isaac Smith
English
Crew
5 points
Ability: Captain. Explorer. This ship gets +1 to her boarding rolls against French ships.
Link: HMS Weazel, HMS Perseverance, James Cook

That boarding bonus isn’t really even worth a full point, but Captain+Explorer for 4 is just one of those combos that shouldn’t really exist in my opinion. (I may also make him worse since he’s still kinda “gamey” in a way, but at least he’s not part of a better gold running faction.)

You can find my custom sets here: Pirates of the Age of Sail and Pirates of the Epic Seas